Mission, Vision and Beliefs
The mission of Forest Acres Elementary School, in cooperation with the home and community, is to develop compassionate, lifelong learners by providing an educational environment that challenges all students.
The vision of Forest Acres Elementary School is to become a premier learning community where home, school, and community join together to meet the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs of each child. High expectations, a sound standards-based curriculum, and teaching strategies that are rooted in research all maximize the academic successes of every child.
"I am here to learn; therefore; I will do nothing
to keep the teacher from teaching, and anyone,
including myself, from learning."
WORKING TOGETHER TO BUILD
· Students are our first priority.
· Safe, engaging learning environments are necessary for student growth.
· All students must have equitable educational opportunities.
· The pursuit of excellence is essential.
· Cultural diversity promotes full development of the individual and society.
· All students can learn and contribute to society.
· Learning and education are life-long processes.
· Today's students are tomorrow's workforce.
· The vitality and health of our community is supported by our schools.
· Students have the responsibility to be active learners.
· Curriculum and instruction should meet the needs of all students.
· Education is the shared responsibility of home, school, and the community.
· The parent is a child's first teacher.
· Partnerships with families and communities are essential to student growth and success.
· Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
· A student's self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.